Commission 7 of the International Federation of Sureyors conducted its annual meeting in an online format between the 20th and 22nd of October 2020.
The theme of the conference was Building community resilience: Urban-rural land linkages and strategies to deal with COVID-19.
During the annual meeting, commission delegates, working group chairs and special invitees presented their views on how to enhance synergies between rural and urban land tenure projects.
Key questions to be answered as part of the annual meeting:
- What are key principles all land projects should follow to ensure synergies independenly if they are urban or rural?
- What is the role of new instruments such as PPPs to ensure rural-urban land integration?
- What is the role of new trends in education in the surveyig profession to suport community resilience?
- What are key strategies to ensure urban-rural integration in the context of community resilience?
- What lessons have been learnt around the world during the COVID-19 pandemic related to the need for urban-rural land linkage?
The following institutions have confirmed delegates to the Annual Meeting:
- United Nations GGIM UN-Habitat
- The World Bank
- The University of Melbourne
- DANE Colombia